Friday, January 20, 2006

Ummm

I know it has been a few days since I have posted. I have been working alot these last few days. WW is doing great. Lost 6.2 lbs the first week. YEah. I was so excited. I was really hoping for at least 3-5 lbs for the first week, and I exceeded my hope.
This week I am doing pretty good. Going running this afternoon. I am also cleaning my house today. It is the biggest mess. Stuff everywhere. My room is even messy, and I normally keep that really clean. ASt least I have since I moved here.
I am also going to go see a movie with one of the fellow new grads from work. She called and asked if I wanted to go, and I never turn down a movie. Too bad it wasn't a guy calling and asking for a date. I guess I will have to settle with a friend to hang out with.
Good Story for ya all...

So, babysat my nephew yesterday. That was a blast. Joel was home, but needed someone to keep an eye on Grason, so he could get some stuff around the house cleaned and repaired.

No problem! I was there to the rescue.

Well, the day went great until in the afternoon, Joel decided he was gonna "clean" the bottles, by putting them in some boiling water for a while.

He thought I was watching them (in which he never asked me too). I thought he was doing the cleaning (since he said, and I quote, "I am gonna clean the bottles").

So I played with Grason, and when he got a little fussy, I put him down for a nap.

Well, I was tired too, so I layed down in the room next to his (so I could hear him if he cried).

I woke up about 45 mins later-Grason still sleeping, to the house filled with smoke.

Yes. I said smoke.

There was one wimpy smoke alarm going off downstairs.

The smoke was clear/white, and it was a light haze throughout the house.

Just waking up, not really knowing what is going on, I am thinking to myself, why is the house filled with smoke...what is going on here?

Well, I get downstairs, hard to breathe, and I see the stove red hot, and the frying pan bursting with...
no not flames, but mass amounts of smoke. I shut off the stove, move the pan, and I discover...

Burned plastic boiling in a pan.

Yes, the entire bottle melted and was burning. The only thing that was still in any shape was the rubber nipple.

It was hilarious...not during the issue, but after the fact of course.

First check in Grason's room proved clear. No smoke, so I shut the door, and went on fanning out the house. Second check revealed...smoke. He was crying by that time, so I grabbed him up, and went downstairs. By that time the ground floor had cleared out mostly.

I know Grason had no clue what was going on, but it was still funny looking back. This is something we will remember forever.

JOEL trying to burn down the house.

What makes it even funnier...Earlier in the day, Joel was going to warm up some milk for Grason, and said he was starting to boil water. Well, apparently he saw it was boiling, so added the milk, but then got busy. Didn't bother to tell me the milk had been added.

By the time I discovered it, the milk was boiling too. So we lost a little bucket of pumped milk, but that was ok. We had plenty left for the day.

I teases him about trying to burn the house down twice. Jen just said don't make the third time a charm!!

No comments: