Thursday, July 24, 2008

Haircut


I am considering cutting my hair again. I know that I have done it in the past, and everyone loved it. I have been wanting something different for a while now. Even before the wedding. I knew I would regret it if I made any drastic changes before my wedding, so I didn't. Then, Jeni, cut my hair for the wedding and made some extra layers and cleaned it up a bit. Now, it is due for another cut, and I want something different. It is getting WAY too long. I was thinking of going just below the shoulders, but I feel that would just cut hair off, and I would have the same look. I want a different look.
So, I was looking online at some photos. I found a cute bob, with my curls, I think would look really cute. I ran it by Shaun, he is cool with it, but of course wants me to keep my long hair. He said if I wanted to cut it then I should. I just know how he feels. Of course, I was thinking, if I was to cut it, might as well cut enough to make it eligible for donation to locks of love. Just a thought.
Here is an example of what I was thinking. Of course, it will look slightly different on me, but I think really cute. I even like the bangs. Enough of a change.
When my hair is long for a while, I want it short. When it is short for a while, I want it long. It has been long for about 3-4 years now. Last time it was cut, I was in nursing school (I think), about 5 yrs ago. Tell me what you think. Good, bad, indifferent, I want to hear from you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you look GORGEOUS with your long curly hair. I remember last time you cut it short - it didn't look bad, but not nearly as pretty as it does now. There you go. Honest opinion. =) Maybe you could add some highlights for a change - pretty reddish-brown ones maybe.

Becky said...

I love the short cut though! Mara has a bias for long hair... :) I love having short hair, I feel like I can do a lot more with it, put it up, keep it down, etc. It's so summer-y too! Bobs are the hotest thing right now... But it's up to you. Once you cut it you can't get it back for a while. But it's a fun new change, and I think you would like it.

Anonymous said...

hey kathleen. i think the cut will look great. bangs will be a nice change too. i play with cutting my hair all the time. layers usually pacify me for a while. :) your natural curls would really show with that cut and you can straighten it for a fun change too. hope that helps. miss you!
steph

Anonymous said...

Your long hair is very pretty. I saw hundreds of short haircuts tonight, none of which approximates your hair's present beauty. Locks of Love just sells hair, or throws it out. I'm on husband's side, but I'm a guy too. Ron