Friday, November 04, 2005

The day is set!

So, I have chosen the day to start working out. I needed to work around my schedule and my sisters schedule, and get started soon. I went to Bally Total Fitness website, Jen already has a membership there, and there is a gym about 1 block from where I live, and I got a free 2 week membership. I can go as many times as I want during this 2 week trial. I will start it on Wednesday, November 16-30. I am very excited to get started. I had to decrease my cable to basic in order to pay for a gym membership, but I am sure I will be doing less TV watching and more activities, once I get started, and start losing some weight.
So, the day is set, Nov 16, I will start doing Power of 10. I got the book (thanks Mara), and have been reading up on it. There are three pillars...exercise, nutrition, and rest. I got the third one down, and I am working on the first, now I just have to start thinking about pillar #2. That will be the hardest part, but I am going to do it.
When I put my mind to things, I do them!
I am gonna start by just decreasing the amount of sugar intake. That will be my biggest hurdle. Once I do that, I think the rest will fall into place. Plus, in the book, it says you should allow yourself once a week to eat whatever, no restrictions, that way, you get what you want, and still make healthy choices for the most part.
That makes me feel like I can eat healthy on most of the days, and eat whatever I want on one day...anyone can do that!
So, there you have it...my plan!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on! I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it, I am glad you made a plan. Great Job!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for a new post!

Kathleen said...

You are, huh?

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I am. I'm waiting.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I am. I'm waiting.

Tash said...

I think I am ready to read about what is new in your exciting life here in Beaverton too!!! Mara finally posted (it felt like weeks had gone by between her posts!!! haha) So you can do it! I believe in you!


HAHAHA!!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!!