Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Power of 10: Week 2

This is awesome!! I went to the gym today for week two of Power of 10. I feel great. I haven't lost any weight, but according to my scales at home, I have lost 2-4% body fat. I do not know how accurate it is. Because it is showing like 34%. I used to be like 45%, so I don't know. I was 36% before I started. I weighed yesterday morning, just for fun...no weight loss, actually a few ounzes gained, but down to 34%. Today I weghed again ( I don't normally weigh two days in a row, but since I was going to the gym, I did it officially today.), and a pound gained, and 32%. So, I am not sure, again, how accurate it is, but we'll see.
Todays workout was great. I really felt like I worked hard. I did only about 3-8 reps per machine. I am getting used to doing the slow workouts. I really felt muscle failure on them all. I seem to be having some difficulty with the lateral raise machine. Either, I am really weak, or I just can't move that way. I have some shoulder issues on my right side. Every once in awhile (more often than not, lately), it gets really tight, and I can barely life my arm up. So, I think once that gets better, I will get better at the lateral raise.
So enough about that, I am really stoked about this. I am doing good. Once I start repeating exercises, I think I will see improvements in weight and reps.
One thing is for sure, I KNOW, I am gonna hurt tomorrow. Last week, I wasn't so sure I did things right. I hurt, but not as bad as I would have liked. I know that sounds horrible, like I like to hurt...but I do!! I like to know that my time at the gym actually meant something, and I did something!!
That always makes me feel good!!
Well, I am off to home for the holidays. I havne't been home since July. That is a long time for me!! Happy Turkey Day to everyone out there! I hope you can all be with your families this year, and be thankful for something. I am thankful for my friends and family this year. They have been very supportive!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!