Monday, March 12, 2007

Updates

I am so sorry I haven't gotten my pictures posted. I have been a busy bee. I have them ready to post, and I will send the rest home so you can see all of them. They are really good. I was very pleased.

So, my trip to NY. Awesome. I left monday morning, got to my hotel and checked in. Unfortunately in was 10:30 am, so I had to leave my bag behind the desk. Then I was off to the streets of NY. I headed to Central Park, since it was so close. After that I needed to find Planet Hoolywood to pick up my NY Pass. It is the pass that allowed me to get into many attractions for free. It was sweet. My life saver. They even gave me a cool book that gave me directions, maps, numbers, and hours of operation. It proved to be the best investment I did. Well, I wasn't sure where it was at, so I decided to just start walking, and hope that I find it.

I did. It was in the middle of Times Sqaure. Now, Times Square...it is amazing. I loved it. It is as cool as it is in the movies. Big building, lots of people, bright electric neon signs. So cool. It seemed to be the hub of NY.

Monday night I went and saw a Broadway play. I saw Avenue Q. It was so good. I had never heard of it, but heard when I bought the tickets it had one a Tony award. I got all dressed up, and took a cab downtown. It was the best play. Hilarious the whole time, and very risque.

Also Monday, while I was walking around downtown, I headed to the Empire State building. That was cool. I bet the view would be even more spectacular in the spring and summer. It was a bit hazy, but I still got some good pics. Which I will post either tonight or tomorrow. Yeah.

Next day, had an issue getting to my massage appt, which happened to be in another town. So I had to take the train up north about 45 mins. Well, because there was some confusion, I didn't get there in time. Then, they wanted me to come back at 4:30, but I had already wasted a few hours of my morning, so I managed to get them to give me a gift certificate, so I could use it at another location. This is a much longer story, but too hard to explain in this post. Needless to say, I wasted my morning, and it was about 10 degrees with a wind chill factor to -12. Not fun for me. Oh well.

After I got back into town, I headed to the NBC studios for a couple neat tours. I got to read the news from one of the news desks and read off the teleprompter. It was really cool. Too bad it wasn't recorded, because everyone said I did a great job, and I was a natural at it. Sweet. It was a ton of fun.

Then I went to the wax museum, Madame Tussaud's. It was neat. Most looked really good. I took pics, but they all came out bad. Well, not all of them, but they aren't my favorite. I will post one or two of them, just so you can see them.

As I was paying for my gift shop purchase, this guy from New Zealand started talking to me. He seemed really cool. His name was Pete. He came over to NY to meet a girl he had been seeing, but at the last minute she ended it. So, he was visiting NY alone, too. We started walking around together, then headed to an Irish pub for some food and drinks. We sat there and talked for a while. It was getting late, so he walked me to my hotel, and we agreed we would meet up the next day.

After my long awaited massage at the NY location, I met up with Pete again, and we got on a bus tour, heading to the statue of Liberty. I didn't have time for much that day, as I was headed back home. But, even though it was cold, it was still really cool to see her. She is really big, and amazing. We walked up the 156 steps to the top of the observatory.

I made it back to my hotel just in time as the shuttle was there to pick me up. Then headed to the airport, to wait and wait. My plane was delayed. The downfall is...they didn't have any clue when the plane would arrive. They just knew it wasn't there. Normally they have a clue, and can say it was held up because of this, that, or the other thing, but not this time.

Oh well. I made it home safe and sound. I even stopped on the way home and got to go to a late dinner with Shaun. Because nothing is open, we went to Denny's. It was fun.

This weekend, I got to spend lots of time with Shaun. He dropped me off at work Fri morning, and picked me up Saturday night. It was a very long day for me, becasue I got absolutely no sleep Friday night. So, by Saturdya night, I had been up for 36+ hours. He cooked us some food, and we watched a movie. But, by the time the movie got started, I was nodding off.

Our plan was to go hiking the next day, but that didn't happen. Got up late, and basically had a lazy day. We did manage to run an errand or two, take a stroll in the park, and watch a movie. We were thinking of going to Cheesecake Factory, but didn't get there either.

Oh well. We were supposed to meet up with a girl from work, Nicole, but we had some mis communication, and some phone tag, and never managed to meet up. That is ok, we will go have some fun again later.

Also, the hospital has asked if I would be interested in renewing my contract. I said I wasn't sure, but I am thinking I will renew for a while at least. I figure I am having fun here, and I have some more fun to be had. There are several more places I would love to visit, and do. This weekend Shaun is taking me to North Carolina to meet his friends, and the next weekend, we will be going to DC. I still want to go visit some places in Pennsylvania like Dutch country, Hershey, and Gettysburg.

I guess you have all been updated. I will keep you posted on things as they progress. I am still hoping to come home for Bloomsday. I asked for that weekend off, and I will likely get it, so plan to go. I am even trying to convince Shaun to go too. He has some previous plans that weekend, so I am not sure if he will be able to come. I will keep working on him. :)

Next up...pictures of NY and a few of Shaun and I at the park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having an awesome time!

Jeffrey said...

Now that was an action-packed blog post... thanks for the update