Friday, July 21, 2006

Hmmm

Nothing exciting going on lately. Just been working the last few days.
I have been having a hard-to-deal with patient at work. Pulling on the old heart strings, you know? It is hard with this type of patient. I wish I could spill my beans on here, but this is the world wide web, and HIPPA rules don't even allow me to discuss with people I know, little lone announce stuff about my patient on the web.
Basically....the dilemma. I have a pt, fairly young. Said pt had a heart attack, and is on life-support. Questionable brain activity, but occasionally some. Do we pull life-support when pt has stated wishes not to live like that? Or do you continue on with the hope of getting better "some-day"
That is my generic dilemma. It is really hard, and the family is great. Sure makes me cry. The family loves me and thinks I am a great nurse, and this is why I became a nurse, to help those in need get better and live. Only problem is, this isn't an open-n-close case. It is very grey. Too many "ifs"
Okay, that is all I can say. I hope I haven't said too much!
Big plans this weekend. 13 mile run for Pfit on Saturday. Weather is supposed to be about 104 that day. Glad I am running in the early am (6am). Hopefully will be done by 9, before it gets too warm.
Sunday, even bigger day. 15k Cascade run-off run. That is 9 miles, for those who don't know. Then, headed to Forest Park for another hike with Zoe and her family. We did this hike about 1-2 months ago. It was fun. However, another really warm day, only about 100 that day. So we will see. I also have 2 softball games that evening.
Don't worry, I know to drink plenty of water and to listen to my body, and either take-it-easy, or even just don't do it. I know!
Hope you all have a great weekend. Maybe I will bring my camera and take some pics of the hike and the games. I will see if I have room for it in my carry stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the runs this weekend! Ha, I said "runs." You're going to do Grrrreat!