Sunday, July 16, 2006

I made it past a plateau

So, back in January I started WW, and lost 15 pounds very easily. I kept it up for about 2 months, and somehow slipped off of it. Well, I was at a plateau. I couldn't lose any more weight. I never gained that weight back, but I have stayed within 5 lbs of it, never going below 220. I hate to admit that is how much I weigh, but those who love, don't care, so there.
Well, my friend Zoe introduced me to this thing called sparkpeople.com. It is a completely free weight loss area. I don't call it a diet, because it isn't. It is an area that you go for encouragement, direction, and fun. So I went on there, checked it out, and decided it was the push I needed, but didn't know I needed.
I started on July 13, and even though it hasnt been a week yet. I can already see results. My starting weight was 223, and today, my weight is 219.2. Yes, I am below that damn palteau I have so wanted to be below for six months.
So now I know that I can continue losing weight, and it will be a great thing. My ultimate goal is 175 pounds, by Jan 1, 2007. I think I can do it.
The program's basis is you lose weight by eating right and exercising. It encourages both by giving you laid out plans for food that you can follow or change or not even track, and laid out strength training plans, and cardio. You can also join teams and compete within your team for more points. You can get points by reading healthy articles, signing into the website, tracking food/exercise, posting on the discussion board, all sorts of things.
I can't wait. A few days ago, I printed off the menu for this week, changed a few things I absolutely do not like, and kept a few things I was willing to try again (ie brocolli, corn, apple juice). I headed to the store with my list, and I got nothing but healthy foods.
I haven't had a problem with cravings so far, so wish me luck, and I will keep you posted on my progress!! Yeah, I am so excited....219.

This is me now (virtual model)


And this is me then, hopefully in January of 2007.

5 comments:

Tash said...

Yea!! Kathleen!! That is so great! I am so happy that you made it over your plateau! I am going to have to go check out this website!! Good luck and I am more than 100% positive that you will make it to your goal!! Hey if you have a night free this week we should get together--we can cook up a healthy dinner and catch up!! Let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kathleen on making it over the plateau and finding an exciting motivation. I'm excited for you! Good luck, can't wait to hear more good news updates. - Nice virtual picures by the way :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Let me know how you like that program. Sounds awesome. You're going to do great!

Jeffrey said...

Good luck to you... I'll have to look at that site. The Appalachian Trail backpacking trips I go on each November with a group of friends have been a lot harder the past few years, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! I hope this works , let me know I would be willing to give it a try.
Good luck on your run tomorrow and Sunday. Don't let the heat get to you. You remember how it was here at home when you ran, hot ....hot....hot! Plenty of H2O.