Sunday, August 06, 2006

Harry Potter

Harry Potter is releasing next July. I so cannot wait. I love Harry Potter. I think the next book is supposed to be out about that same time too!
It all started when I heard KONA FM (105.3-Kennewick) were giving away free Harry Potter tickets. All you had to do was show up, get a number, and they would draw out 50 names, each one winning 4 free Harry Potter tickets, to a special showing, the day it was released, at like, 9 am. Only for those who won the tickets. Pretty cool.

So I figured, I was driving by, I had nothing better to do...so bam...I stopped. It was at Columbia Park in Kennewick. Got my number, and enjoyed the festivities, until they started drawing for winners.

So here I am with my number in hand...and no I don't remember my number. It was one of those 5 digit ticket numbers. Anyway, they called my number so I got the tickets. After the tickets were given away they also gave away free stuff too, so it was worth it to go to the park.

I had never heard of Harry Potter at the time, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I knew it was a kid's movie, but still excited to go. If they were gonna make a big spectacle over it, it must be huge!

I invited my brother and a couple friends along. Inviting someone to a free movie, is harder than you think. 1) It was at 9am on a Tuesday, or some weekday. That is hard for those worker bees out there. and 2) Apparently there was some Christians saying it was Satanism....I don't care. I think it was a good 2 hours of fun. But some chose not to go. Either way...it is up to them, and I respected that.

I had a blast, it was awesome. From then on, I was hooked.

So when movie two was released the next year, or two years later, I don't remember...when it was released KONA-FM gave away free tickets again. This time it wasn't a special showing...no wait, it was....I think it was at midnight? I don't remember that either.

This time, I had to stop at various places, and they pulled like ten names, and that was it....never won any tickets that way. However, Rusty, one of the DJ's really wanted a witch's pot. I remember it was after Halloween, because he had said he had tried to find them (they sold them all over that year, as a pot to hand out candy in) but couldn't, they were all gone. So, he made it a contest. He said the first one to walk in the studio with this pot, got two free HP tickets.

Now, at this point, I was at least a 20 min drive away. I was sure someone else would win. So I grabbed my mom's witches pot (I think I asked her first, told her she wouldn't be getting it back) and headed to Pasco. I listened the whole way there, sure that someone would win, and I would have made a wasted trip (then again, mom would have gotten her pot back though).

I pulled into the drive, walked in, and sure enough...no one had won. I was the first...and I am sure the only. He was ecstatic to see someone bring it in. He said it was exactly what he wanted. He pulled me on-air and chatted for a second or two (that was pretty cool, but weird at the same time).

I walked away potless, but had two Harry Potter 2 tickets! Yeah.

No more winning after that, from the on I have had to pay, but still cool. Point of this whole post.... Harry Potter 5 is releasing to theatres July 13, 2007 Woohoo! I am counting down the days!!

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Never would have pegged you for a Harry Potter fan. But there it is on your profile under Favorite Books.