Monday, August 14, 2006

Silverwood Rocks

So, had a great weekend in Spokane with my friends. Went up there Fri night, and Jeff picked me up from the airport. Stopped at Red Robin for a little chowdown. I had just ate in the airport, so I wasn't hungry...but guys always are! :)

After that, headed to Mara's. It was late, so didn't do too much that night. Saturday was fun. Went and saw Talladega Nights. That was hilarious!!!! You should all go see it. Classic Will Ferrell.

My friend Jeff is looking at buying a house in Spokane, so we went and saw the one he wants to buy. It is a small little house built in 1906, everything redone in 2006. Pretty cute house, I liked it.

Mara's husband was having a bachelor poker night, so us girls had to leave. So, we went to the karaoke bar...of course. I played pool and darts with Jeff, and Mara found some friends and sang a few songs. Jeff refused to sing....that is until he got enough drinks in him. But, by that time it was closing time, so no luck on the singing. Oh well, that would have been hilarious.

Late night for us all. I got to sleep some time around 4:30-5 am. Brent stayed up till 7am. So, the next day...Silverwood...well, it didn't get started as early as we had hoped for.

We got there about 12. It was cool though, park doesn't even open until 11. Had a blast. Was a bit nervous about the coasters...mostly the first drop, but I did great.
Jeff was paste white and had a death grip during the first big roller coaster ride (Tremors), I don't think he really liked it much. That was his first experience of a roller coaster larger than kid size. Hehee, he said he had fun though.

Didn't get to do the white water raft ride, that is my favorite. The lines were just too long, and we only had limited time at the park. I didn't get to do the train ride either. Mara and Brent did though, while Jeff and I played at Boulder Beach (water park at Silverwood).

I don't have nearly as many pics as I had wanted, but I will post a few. Mostly of just the four of us, and Mara/Brent took some pics of the train ride.

Overall, the best weekend ever. This morning's flight was an early one (got up at 3:45am), but I get to sleep all day, so I am cool with that.

Enjoy!

Couple pics of the "robbery" on the train. Man, I can't believe I missed it.



Jeff took this pic of me...I am so cute! :)


Mara and I


Mara and Brent


Jeff, and I (with Brent in the background)


Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I wish I had more pics, but this is all. Mara and I did have fun with my new lens. I got some cool shots of her, and her of me as well. Check out Mara's blog for a couple of shots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you a wonderful time. You definately looked "happy". All my love, Mom

Jeffrey said...

Sounds like a busy weekend without much sleep! (I don't usually use exclamation points)

In looking at the last picture, I feel like I'm watching a movie and I know Brent is the amusement park serial killer and you two don't know he's crept up behind you and is about to strike.
Not that he looks like a serial killer. Natalie would say he's cute. Just the way the picture is and his grin.

Anonymous said...

It was a blast! Can't wait to come see you next time!