Sunday, December 17, 2006

2 months and its over

So, Jeff and I broke up last night. I had noticed him not calling as often, and just generally getting phased out. He didn't realize he was doing it, but since I had been there before, I totally knew what it felt like. I wasn't gonna put up with it.

Last year, we were friends for a long time. But when Jeff gets interested in someone/thing else, he tends to ignore, or make excuses in the current relationship. We used to talk everyday, several times a day, then it started to slack. He stopped calling at night. Mostly because he was super busy, majorly stressed, and just starting his new job in Seattle. But, in the past, when he had been really busy, he still called, because he wanted to. Well, apparently he stopped wanting to talk to me. Luckily, I had seen it in the past, so I knew what it felt like, so I only put up with it for about 4 days. If he hadn't done it to me last year, I wouldn't have thought anything of it yet. The only downside, which he will realize soon, is he ruined it again, and this time....there won't be a next time.

So, I cried alot last night after it happened. It was so hard to say goodbye. The hardest part for me will be the friendship. We were great friends, could talk about anything. But, I can't be just friends with him, so I had to completely cut it off. I feel like I am losing my best friend. Not a long time friend, just a good friend. We talked all the time. It was great having someone to talk to about the daily stuff. Oh well, my family/friends will have to deal again!

So, I realized last night (after all the crying) that there were MANY things that I didn't like about him. Granted there were so many things that I twhought were wonderful, but some very important qualities that I want from a boyfriend, I just never got. And, I derserve so much better. And, I am gonna get so much better. I don't know when, but I will.

So, please don't worry about me. Yes, this totally sucks. Yes, it is hard. But, yes, I will get over it. And Yes, I will be fine.

So, I guess I am single once again...bring on the single, hot guys...in Portland!! No more long distance stuff. Maybe I will go back to that hash, and see if that cute guy, Andy, is really interested. Hehe :)

4 comments:

Babyfro said...

You're strong babe! You'll get through it and will find someone out there who you're meant for!

Jeffrey said...

The right one will be there when you least expect it. He may be the one holding a door at a coffee shop for you, picking up your softball glove from the bench and handing it to you as y'all take the field, or just cheering you along as he decides to run a portion of a race with that girl he caught a glimpse of...You never know.

Hang in there -- and watch out Portland...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry:(

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry baby girl! You so deserve the best and it is just his loss. And your gain, if that is how he wants to be...he was just not "your" Mr. Right. But he is out there, I'm sure of it! We'll talk later. Be careful driving home.