Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Back to work, I go!

Well, I guess the title says it all. I have been on a little hiatus (aka days off) for three days, now I am headed back to work three days. Then I get another three days off. I had asked for those days off because Jeff was supposed to come visit me that weekend. Of course, he decided to go and get a job in Seattle, so will be moving that weekend instead. Now, I have no clue when I will get to see him again. Boohoo!! :(

Well, I am off to bed! Tomorrow I start house sitting at my boss's house for two weeks. I am watching her 15 year-old Border Collie, Chase. She is white with a few black spots. A very gentle soul. Charlie is going to ruin her. Kidding. But seriously, I will be staying over there for two weeks. I, however, don't feel comfortable leaving Charlie in a new house, with another dog for 12 hours while I work, so I will be dropping him off before work, and picking him back up after work. It makes things easier on the house. I don't want to be responsible for paying for new couches, linens, toys, whatever else he may decide to chew on. I just don't want to, nor can I afford it. It will be lots of extra driving (she lives about ten mins from me), and will require me to get up just a few minutes earlier than I normally do, but so be-it. I can do it.

I am actually looking forward to it. It will be weird to be in a strange house all alone, and my boss's house when she isn't there, but still fun just the same! Wish me luck! Then, when the two weeks is up....I get to go home for Christmas and spend six days at home with my family (hopefully with Jeff too, somewhere in that mix), then come back to work on Christmas day. Yes, you heard me correctly. I have to work on Christmas Day. Even though I offered to work all other holidays, just to have this one off, I still have to work on Christmas Day. At least I get time-and-a-half, right? Yeah!

Well, those are my little rants for tonight. Have a great day. Oh, and I have not started shopping yet. I had better start thinking about what I want to get for my family, hadn't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun house sitting! And did you end up going to that other Hash?

Jeffrey said...

You should get double-time on a holiday instead of time and a half.