Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Shaun is gone right now. He left me on Monday. He had some ARMY three-day thing to do. I figured I could have some fun, and get some stuff done around the house...but nope.

I am sick.

Yup.

Sick.

I got some cold, and I have lost my voice. I am not talking squeaky lost, I am talking (or not talking) completely lost. Gone. Not here.

It is crazy. I don't think I have ever completely lost my voice before. It's weird.

I was supposed to work these three days while Shaun is gone, but I called in sick today. I went to work yesterday, and it was miserable. Not fair to me, my fellow workers, and especially not fair to my patients. I got worse and I wasn't getting any sleep, so I called in.

I really could have used the money, but I just can't work like this...and now I can't talk, so I really couldn't have worked like that. Bummer.

Nothing else terribly new with me. Get to go home in 4 days...counting down. I can't wait! I hope I am better for Bloomsday! I am sure I can walk with this, but I want to run some. I was hoping to get several runs in this week, but I don't see that happening.

Went out to dinner the other night with my friend Nicole and her boyfriend, Eric. They are awesome. We had a nice dinner at a steakhouse. I even tried some gator tail, and buffalo. Yeah, I know. I tried it. They were both pretty good.

Well, my first travel assignment is almost over. It has been great, but I am not really liking this hospital. The people I work with are great, but the way they run things drive me insane. I have had some pretty stressful days lately. If only they fixed things...it would be better. Always easier said than done, I know.

I am sure it will be fine. I just don't like working in the PCU, and I have been there for a month straight now. Next month I get to be in the ICU's, so I think it will be way better from here on out.

Start my next assignment May 20. After taking a week off, and driving my car back here. Woohoo. Cross country road trip!! Can't wait. We made our trip plans and everything. We will be staying in Billings Montana the first night. Camping under the stars at a KOA site. Okay...not completely under the stars...we will have a roof over our head. We decided it would be fun to stay in a cabin. So we will be doing that. Then, off to see Mount Rushmore, then stay at Sious Falls, SD. Again, in a cabin. Then to Chicago, IL. We will stay at a hotel just outside in Indiana. Woohoo. I am so excited. After that we drive home!

Lots of fun coming up!! I can't wait. Oh, and I *finally* got a card reader, so I don't have to wait to post pictures now! Super duper cool!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better, my dear. And, I know it is even worse when you have to be sick "alone". Counting the days and can't wait 'til you get home. We all miss you.
Remember: Drink plenty of fluids, take two asprin, and call me in the morning! He He He. Just don't call too early....he he! Love and miss you!

Brandi said...

if you are passing through des moines iowa area on your journey, you have a place to stay :)