Monday, August 18, 2008

Another night off

So tonight I have off. I haven't done anything yet, but I need to get some house chores done. I seriously have not done a thing, except one load of laundry, since Shaun has been gone. Of course, since I haven't been home, I don't have that much of a mess to clean. Howver, I do have dishes to get done...those don't seem to be getting done on their own.

Mara is coming on Friday. I am super excited. I need a friend here. I have a few work friends, but don't really feel like I have any friends here. You know the kind you can call up anytime and chat with or hang out. Of course, as we get older and we each get on with our own lives ... friendships change. You can't just hang out anymore, you have to schedule "girls night" out to each get away from our families and hang with the gals.

Which is why you have husband's, so you have someone to come home to every day, share stuff with, and share life. Life without them is hard. Especially when you haven't spent more than a week apart since you got together. I am surviving, but it is hard. I talk to Shaun daily, but I still miss him more than anything.

Guess I am off to do chores so my house looks good, and fresh, and clean when Mara gets here Friday afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Countdown is on!!

Babyfro said...

You're doing great. Be happy that you aren't to the point where you're used to him being gone. Be happy that you miss him! That's special.

Becky said...

You are so sweet! I'm sure that he misses you just as much as you miss him. Ahh... love! :)
I don't have anyone to come home to, except for Howard! He has terrible breath though. Just in case you were wondering.