Sunday, August 10, 2008

No Husband Diary

Today Shaun left for Kentucky. He will be gone for one month. It is dumb that he has to go at all, but for a month, even dumber. He left at 10am. I dropped him off at the airport. I didn't cry until he was gone. Even then, I think I did good, I just had tears in my eyes.
I know WE will make it as a couple, I am not worried about that in any way. I just don't want him to go for an entire month. I haven't been away from him for more than a week since we got together a year and a half ago.
So, I will be writing about how my life is going while he is gone. A diary of sorts, to see how I make it through. I have picked up a bunch of shifts at work, so I am sure it will fly by. I will be keeping myself busy in that respect. On my days off, it will be mostly time to just recover from working 60 hours per week. We will see. I have a few things planned while he is away. I want to go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. If you know me, you know that is right up my alley. I saw the first one, so I gotta see the second one, right? Also, want to clean really good while he is away. I get to start with a full sink of dishes tonight! Yay. Actually, tonight is my first extra shift. So dishes will have to wait till tomorrow. Guess that is it, off to work I go. Shaun called to tell me he made it there safe, I will call him tonight to say goodnight. He starts tomorrow morning at 8am. They may keep him really busy, they may allow him to have lots of free time. We just don't know.
See you lots in the next month!!

No comments: