Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shopping Spree

Got out today. Headed to Hagerstown, MD for some outlet shopping. Went there to get my good friend Kat, a baby gift. She just had a beautiful baby girl a few weeks ago, and I wanted to go to Carter's to get something. They always have the cutest outfits. Well, decided I would "shop" around some of the other stores. Went into Bath and Body works. They had a great sale, but just didn't feel like buying today. Then headed to the Coach store. Coach is really popular at the hospital. Seems like its the new buzz that is going around, and everyone just has to have a new Coach bag. Well, I can't justify spending $150-200 on a bag/purse. I stick with my Wal-mart/Target styles. $15 max.
After not really finding anything to buy, I decided to stop into Dress Barn. I had never been in one, but I saw a cute shirt that caught my eye, so I went in. It was a button-down shirt with vertical stripes. Ladies...you all know vertical stripes are best to make you look taller and more slender, but they are nearly impossible to find. Well, once I got inside, there was more to look at. They had cute little outfits all over the store. Some shirts with jackets and necklaces. Well, the next thing I know I have a pile of clothes to try on and nearly all of it fit me. So, I decided why not?
I haven't bought me a new wardrobe in a long time. I felt like a kid going school shopping. Can't wear any of it until the first day of school!! Hehehe. That was always Mom's rule. I have bought stuff here and there, but nothing like a total overhaul of my wardrobe. A few weeks ago I started tossing things in a pile to donate because they don't fit anymore or they are too short (I hate when bellies show when they shouldn't be). Off to goodwill for those clothes, and in with the new! I even changed things up, got things I wouldn't normally wear, but thought looked good. Not only new clothes, but a new style. Nice. Can't wait to show Shaun and see what he thinks. I think he is going to like them!! :)
I will see if I can take pictures of me wearing my new outfits and post them here. I am not sure if it will work. I will try!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm so excited for you! New hair cut, new clothes... ya!
P.S. I have a Coach purse, but it's a knock off, I bought it from a guy under an overpass in Seattle! If you and Mara head to NYC, you should check out what they have in China Town, I found a cute D&G purse there for only $20!