Monday, August 04, 2008

Airshow

Had a fun weekend visiting the in-laws. We went to Rochester airshow while we were there. It was so cool. I haven't seen the US Air Force Thunderbirds since I was a kid. It was neat to see them again.
I got a nasty burn. While everyone else was lathering up on the sunscreen, I just put some on my face. Didn't think it would be that bad out. Boy was I wrong. I am still red and it is over a week later. Of course, now I am peeling. Yuck! It hurt to move for a couple days, but it was my fault, so I dealt with it. Won't make that silly mistake again! :)
Here are a few pics from the airshow that we liked.

USAF Thunderbirds, all lined up waiting to go. You can see the pilots in a briefing.

US ARMY Airborne Parachuters. I don't know if that is the official name, but that is what I am calling them. They jumped out of place at 14,000 feet, then maneuvered the paraglide to do fun tricks in the air and all land on the target one after another. Pretty neat.

One of the airplanes we were allowed to go into and tour. Most were empty tubes that held either a ton of soldiers, trucks, or both.

Quick photo-op. It was hot, but there was a nice breeze, so we didn't feel too hot.

Action shot. They did some really neat tricks.

Shaun with his Dad and Jeanne.

Me and Shaun in front of the biggest plane there.

Self-portrait!!

Shaun had this silly grin on his face all day. He was like a kid again. It was so much fun though!! I like to see him happy!!


Another action shot. This is the first act. There were three of them and they drew stuff in the sky. One time a big heart with an arrow through it. Very cool!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

The hair is super-cute! And it looks like the air show was fun too, I don't think I've been since I was a kid either! Good luck with the burn- that's never fun!

Brandi said...

I LOVE your hair!