Saturday, January 06, 2007

Charlie

Well, I posted Charlie to Craig's List to see if I would get any responses. I got one right away. She seems really cool. Her name is Heather. She has a 12 yo dog now, but grew up with dachshund's, so is looking at getting another. She lives on acreage, and has some kids for Charlie to play with. I emailed her to see if she would be interested in meeting, to see how she gets along with Charlie and what not. I mentioned in the ad, that I will give him away to a good home, at my discretion.
I need to know that he will be happy, and have fun, and be treated good. I don't want him to go to just any home, be left outside in the cold for all hours of the day/night, and maybe get fed once a week. I just can't handle the idea someone would do that to him, or any dog for that matter.
So, I talked with my recruiter today, she said it is highly likely that I will get a job and start by Feb 5th. So, I will put in notice at my apt tomorrow. 30 days notice, so I had better be gone by Feb 7th. If I start Feb 5th, I would move to my new home Feb 3. I am also planning to take one week off between quitting here and starting there. I think that will give me plenty of time to move, and see my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear where you end up! I hope it's northern California of course, but I'll come visit wherever you are.

Congrats on making the big decision. I think you're going to be really happy doing it. =)

Babyfro said...

Nice Kathleen, glad to see you taking some big steps forward. I think this will be a good thing for you.

Jeffrey said...

When you decide you just plunge right in. Sort of like with your Nikon. ... Good for you. I'll think good thoughts for you (and for Charlie).