Saturday, January 20, 2007

Undercover

I am undercover. I am supposed to be packing right now, but I can't bring myself to do it. I am getting a few things done here and there, but I just can't seem to get the bulk of it started.

Today I went to a CPR class, so I had to get up early. Therefore, I came home and took a nap. Well, you all know that when I take a nap, it is like 3-4 hours long. Today was no different. I don't know why, but I fall asleep, and I wake up about 4 hours later. Strange, I know.

So after my nap, I went and got me a pizza, and have just been watching some tv, doing odds and ends things. I need to get my laundry done, so I can start packing all my clothes up. I need to decide what to take, and what to pack. Grr. Moving is so hard. I feel like it is so far away, but yet I am moving back to the TC in ONE week. I know. ONE WEEK. Crazy. Then I am home for a week before I leave for good. I am not sure if I am in denial that it really is happening, or what.

It is crazy. I am going through all these emotions. Sad, anxious, excited, nervous, scared. All at once too, so it isn't like I can deal with each when they come, its all happening at once. I have gotten almost all the required paperwork in, all I need now is a physical, some lab work, and a drug test. I hope I pass! :)

Tonight, I will stay up late, since I slept this afternoon. I will get at least 3 loads of laundry DONE, and start packing my clothes into boxes. I have so much food in my cupboards, but yet I don't have any food. I don't have milk, or, ok I have no excuse. I just haven't been eating good at all. I have gained about 10 lbs, and I have vowed to start off in Maryland on the right foot. Start running again, and start eating healthier again. Of course, I won't have a car over there, so I will be walking a lot more.

Wow, this post has jumped all over. Welcome to my world!

4 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I was wondering when it would all hit you. You made a big decision that meant big changes, but you seem to be one who can handle it. I wish you all the best as you go through it. If it helps, Maryland's not a bad place at all. We treat outsiders pretty good. :)
How long are your assignments? I think you had written they were 13 week stints but I can't remember... Anyway, there's tons to do and where you will be is actually close to West Virginia and Pennsylvania so you'll have plenty of day trip opportunities on your off time.

Kathleen said...

It definitely hit me tonight. WOW! I am starting to second guess my decision, but then again I know I will have so much fun, and it will open my world to so many new experiences. I am sure I will get over it. Thanks for the kind words...and yes Jeffery, 13 weeks. I can handle anything for 3 months, right?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Said the drunk girl. Can't wait to visit you! Still no written job offer in hand, so still unemployed! And able to see you at any time. Love you! P.S. You're making an awesome decision and you're going to love it!

Anonymous said...

Naps and PIZZA
These do not sound like packing. Better get busy girl!