Monday, February 26, 2007

The Good Ol' PB

No, it doesn't stand for peanut butter. It stands for Pepto Bismol.

I love that stuff.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that same excitement when I wake up at 5 am, sick to my stomach, weak, and shaking. And I don't have ANY PB in the apt.

So, I wake up thinking, this too will pass. It didn't. So, I called work, letting them know I wasn't going to make it in today. They seemed nice about it, but you never know what they are thinking.

I got dressed, made my way to my car, headed to the store.

First stop Weis Markets. It is the grocery store just around the corner. But, I pulled up at 5:30am, and they don't open until 6. Yeah for me.

So, I headed to the nearest gas station, and they were open, and had a small bottle for sale. I say "I'll take it."

That will be $3.59 please. Oh my goodness....I can buy three regular sized bottles at that price from the store. But, I don't care. I am sick, and I want my comfort PB.

I head back home, and as I am walking up to the door, I am feeling really sick. As I get in the door I have just enough time to throw my coat on the floor and run to the bathroom. Short of going into details of what happened in there....the toilet was my friend.

So, afterwards, I don't feel sick anymore. Of course that is the way it usually works. But, because I felt instantly better, it led me to believe it was something I ate. I had a tuna sandwich last night for dinner. I didn't think tuna went bad, does it?

Well, even though I felt better, I still took my PB. I thought about calling work back to say I could come in now, but I think I will take the day to sleep, and get better. You always feel weak after throwing up. It just takes so much out of you.

I have a couple days off after today, so I might work a shift to make up for today. My job requires me to make up hours not worked. Of course, I have put in plenty of extra hours...I wonder if those will count toward make-up. I don't know.

I am off to bed to get some sleep. I feel better, but a little bit of "uncomfortable-ness" is starting again. I hope it passes.

UPDATE: (9am) Still at it, that makes three trips to the bathroom.

No comments: