Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!

Tonight I arrived at work, okay yesterday night. And I introduce myself to a crew I have never met before. The first thing they say is...are you Kathleen S******, I say yes. They tell me I have a package that arrived today, over on the counter. I glance over and it is a box of flowers. I think to myself...I have no one that would send me a Valentine, why am I getting flowers...at work none-the-less. I was afraid to open it.

So I get report, and about an hour passes. Now my curiosity has gotten to me. I go ahead and open the box. Everyone waiting in anticipation. The card says Happy Birthday Kathleen! We appreciate all the hard work you do. Hope you have a fantastic day. From, Access Nurses.

How sweet. My company sent me tulips...they were pink tulips btw...to me at work on Valentine's Day. Of course, it isn't my birthday, so they obviously messed that one up. I will have to tell them. Of course, I will do it after expressing my great pleasure in receiving them.

My recruiter knows when my birthday is because he wished me Happy Birthday back in Jan, when it really was. Also, he called me today and wished me Happy Valentine's Day, so I am not sure why there is a mix up with the rest of the company. Oh well. I don't mind getting flowers...ever. I will post a pic of them as soon as I can.

Tonight's shift was awesome. Time went by really fast, and everyone is really nice. Oh yeah one more tid bit. I went outside about 6pm to leave early get to work and eat, and be ready to start by 6:30. Well, when I went outside my car was buried, there was no way I could get out of it. So, I locked my car, bundled up, and walked to work. Of course when I got there, I met someone from the place I am staying, just a few buildings away. She has offered to take me home. How sweet, I don't have to walk home in the cold. Actually it wasn't so bad. I stopped 3/4 of the way at McD's and got me some dinner. That helped me warm up a bit.

Well, I am still at work, and it is about time to give my 6 oclock meds and finish my notes, then I can go home. Night wasn't as bad as I remember it to be. Of course, if I do lots of them, it may start again.

No comments: