Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Switch

Today the hospital called and asked if I would be willing to work tonight, instead of tomorrow. I didn't have anything going on today, so I agreed. I figure too many people called, and said they wouldn't be available to come to work because of the storm. Lots of the other nurses live in the outlying areas. Some have up to an hour commute. That really isn't possible in this storm. I think we got like 4 inches of snow, and last night/this morning it was freezing rain.
I on the other hand, live just half mile away, so I can go to work. They also said that if I wasn't able to drive, security would come to pick me up. That is sweet. I think I will be fine though. It really is just down the street.
So, today, when I need to take a nap...of course, I won't be able to. I think I am gonna go try to sleep for an hour or so. I haven't worked a night shift in a long time, so this may be a rude awakening for me. We will have to see.

No comments: