Friday, February 23, 2007

What is it with Credit Cards?

I am currently working really hard to get my credit cards paid off. Matter of fact, I am about 4 weeks away from having them ALL paid off.

The point of this post...I just noticed my credit limit shot up about $5000 on each credit card. There are two from the same bank. How come when I needed the extra credit, and I promised it would get paid back, they wouldn't give it to me. Now, when I don't need it, they don't have any problem jacking up my credit limit.

What is up with these people? I swear. Now, I have to make a call to the bank, telling them to lower my credit limit, because I don't want all that "possible" money hanging over my head. I know in the business world there are names for all these things...but I don't care. All I know is I don't want it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The increase in credit limit is a good thing, as it increases your overall credit score. But, if you have trouble controlling your spending, take those cards and freeze them in a mug of water:) It might slow you down.

Anonymous said...

good for you!!! miss you!

Jeffrey said...

It's good to have that extra credit available for the next time you would have to ask them for it. Now you won't have to. Never thought about Zoe's idea with the freezing, but that's a pretty good way to slow you down and keep you from buying that must have item from QVC or the Home Shopping Network.

Anonymous said...

I not really much into using credit cards. It's awful for me to have a few credit cards. I hope you will increase your credit limit as much as you want. Best of luck!

lastAutumn said...

The best advice when asking for credit limit increase orapplying for a new card is BE WISE. No ready-made solutions.