Sunday, June 18, 2006

Grrr....

I have to wait til Monday to get my camera. Then since I get off after the office closes, now I have to wait till Tuesday to really get it. I just can't wait. But, I guess I will have to.

Met with the girls today for lunch.

The girls are all my old friends from school. Rachel, I met in the fifth grade. We were connected at the hip for years. She has been there for me through thick and thin. Matter of fact, in my 7th grade yearbook, listed under the Honor Roll section, I have my first name and her last name, because most people couldn't keep us apart from one another. Rachel is married and lives in Eugene. She has a dog and a couple cats.

Suzy is my best friend that I met in the 7th grade. One week before my birthday. Had a few classes with her, and must have thought she was pretty cool. I remember looking her name up in the phonebook, of course it was her old phone number since she just moved to Kennewick, so it referred me to the new number. Called her up and asked her to my birthday party. We have remained best of friends ever since. She is married now and lives in Eugene with her kitty Socrates.

Next is Jami. I met her in high school. Rachel, Suzy and I were all in band, and Jami was in choir. Suzy also did choir, so we met Jami through Suzy. She is great. jami actually was the first one to teach me to drive a manual transmission. She took me to the church parking lot, and I got to drive around there a few times. She was a great teacher, because when I relearned with Mike (an old boyfriend) I picked it up like it was old hand. She lives here in Portland near me, and is married with a 8 month old baby boy. Oh yeah, she has a cat too.

I guess I am the only one without a cat. I had a cat once. His name was Jasper, but I don't really like cats, so no more for me.

Well, so I had a great day catching up with the girls. Jami and I drove down to Salem, and Rachel and Suzy came up to Salem. We met at Applebees. Sat there for several hours just talking. We try to meet at least once a month, but have only done it a few times. This time we made a point to get together since Jami's birthday was at the end of May, and Suzy and Rachel each had a birthday at the neginning of June. Also, Rachel just graduated from college with Honors, so we were celebrating that as well.

Again, I was the only one who didn't have anything to celebrate, but that is cool. I had fun just the same.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

You can celebrate your new profile picture. Nice. Is that one by Zoe?

Other things to celebrate:
-- Finishing a half-marathon.
-- Starting a new hobby.
-- Not backing your car into a parking garage pole.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I heard that, Jeffrey!

Anyway, Kathleen, sounds like you had a fun time catching up with old friends. Old friends are the best!

I want to come see you this summer! Maybe August? Or you could come see me and we could really go to Silverwood this time!