Sunday, June 04, 2006

Batter Up!

Had a game today. It was a good game.

We lost though. 13-9.

Oh well. I played catcher this game. I had a fun time, but there are a few too many players so I switched every couple innings with another girl.

Up to bat..I hit the ball everytime, but I can never seem to get any umph. I hit, they get, they throw and get me out before I make it to 1st. Oh well, at least I am having some fun!

Ran this morning. 8 miles. It was tough. A few hills, and I was beat. Of course. I did take a couple weeks off on accident. I am the only one to blame, but I am still mad about it. I just got busy, and made excuses, and didn't get out when I could, so 13 days passed without any running at all.

I felt it today too. I was beat. The hills were hard enough, then add in the fact I haven't really ran. I did get a good hour run in on Fri, and 40 mins on Sat, then of course 8 (actually 8.3) miles this morning. Hopefully I can get a few more good runs in this week, before my half marathon on Saturday.

I am running in the Helvetia Half Marathon (13.1 miles for all those non-running folk). It has a reputation for a ton of hills. Not as bad as it has been in the past. They have changed routes, but still very hilly. I will do my best. I am really just treating it as a training run for this year. Yeah that I get a Tshirt, and yeah I get (maybe) a medal. Most marathons (half or full) hand out medals. I just need to keep running, because this spot (after the half) is where I usually hang up my running shoes, and say I'll try again next year.

But I am running this marathon this year, no if and's or butt's about it. I AM doing it. So, I have to concentrate really hard, keep running, and go for it.

Still planning on getting a few more hiked in this year. I have one planned for the end of June with a friend from work (Julie-pharmacist). We are planning on doing Dog Mountain. It is another steep one in the gorge.

Jackie's bridal shower went off without a hitch. She seemed to have a blast, and it was a good party. Good food, good games, good prizes, amazing cake! Marie-one of her bridesmaids-made the cake from scratch. It was soooo good.

Next up, Wedding July 8th with a bachelorette party sometime a few days before the wedding. Then, on July 9th, I am running 15 miles. I have to do it alone (maybe a few miles with Jen) because Portland Fit is running it on July 8th (the day of Jackie's wedding, in case you are skimming this post, and missed the date the first time).

So, I will be in the TC running 15 miles around town, if you see me...cheer me on. I will need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gooooooo Kathleen! You can do it!!!