Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pay backs are hell

So, remember my post not to long ago about how I was late? Well, today...I was early.

Sort of.

You see, I was scheduled for an extra shift which means I get incentive pay, which also means I am the first to be called off when there are extra nurses.

Well, apparently the night shift manager had trouble reaching me. My local phone number is on a Cingular go phone account, and I forgot to refill my minutes when they expired. So I am unavailable on that phone. However, they know to use my cell phone first. My cell phone is still a Kennewick number, so it is long distance for Portland. Apparently, she didn't know how to access long distance calls from the hospital, because she said all she got was a humming sound.

So, I get up this morning, just liek normal. take my shower, get all pretty for work and head in. When i get there...I get "We tried calling you several times. We couldn't get through. We don't need you"

Great. Well, I even checked my phone this morning. And last night, I didn't really want to come in anyhow, was thinking of calling myself off. (You can do that if you are extra and no hit against you)

Oh well, so I volunteered to go home. (If you come in when you are supposed to be called off, they are supposed to pay you for four hours, regardless if you work or not) They tried to get a hold of me, so I didn't mind going home with out pay. Besides, more sleep for me that way!

They did say they could use my help around lunch, and will definetely need me at 3, so I am going back in at 12. At least I still get some extra work. I need to work extra to pay off my camera I just bought!!

On other great news. Spent the day with Zoe yesterday. Had a blast. Started out heading over to go for a walk. Also, gonna be watching her dog this weekend, so we wanted to make sure Charlie and Luke (her Shit-zu) got along.

Ended up staying the whole day and well into the night. I didn't come home till about 11pm. We had fun though. Got some great tips and know-how on my camera. And since she is an aspiring photographer/entrepenuer, she wanted to do a little photo shoot with me and Charlie.

There is this cool little nature area near her house, so we went there. Got some great photos. I will post a few shots she took. She is a great photographer, and she learned it all on her own...no formal training.

I will also post a few of the shots I took at her house, but mostly they are Zoe's pics of me and Charlie.

Here are some great one's of me and Charlie. These I ordered in 11x16's to hang on my wall in a series shot.




These are just a few other pics I loved. Man, she did an amazing job. Don't ya think?

Just me.


Great capture of Charlie. I love it. She wants me to get this blown-up in a 36x24 size. I don't know for sure yet. Opinions??


Another great one of me!


So what do you think? There were three others that are of just Charlie romping in the grass, but I am having trouble uploading them. I thought about getting those large size too in a series, but then decided to get the ones with both of us.

I think I will wait to get a really big one, when I can take a great picture. That way it can be my masterpiece.

5 comments:

Tash said...

Those are all great pics Kathleen!! You look so good and soo happy with Charlie!! Aww how cute! I love them all!!! Good luck with the photography hobby---i so want to take classes and do that as well---always loved the photograpy part of being on the yearbook staff!!! anywho...hope all is well and I love those pics!!!

Lacey said...

Very cute!

Jeffrey said...

They're all great shots of both of you. I especially like the third one down -- you and Charlie are both looking at the camera -- the one of Charlie by himself and the last one that's mainly of you.... But that's a great idea to do the first three as a set.

Anonymous said...

She is really a great photographer. Those pictures are so pretty! I love the one of Charlie with his ears perked!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics sis! You look beeee-utiful!