Saturday, June 24, 2006

I got the dog

So, my friend Zoe and her husband get a nice weekend away from the kids. Boys went to grandma's and I got the dog.

His name is Luke. He is a Shit-zu doggie, but they way he is cut, he looks like a snauzer. Complete story on Zoe's blog-to your right!

I just brought him home after work tonight. Him and Charlie are aquanting themselves. I tried to get a good pic, but they dont hold still long enough.

Luke already made himself at home, and poopied in my house, but oh well. Then he went out and tried to pee all over the place, but nothing came out, so we came back in.

Charlie loves to play with other dogs, but I don't think Luke wants to play with him. When Charlie gets snapped one too many times, he will get the point. Right now, Charlie is trying to play, and Luke is giving him the cold shoulder with a little growl mixed in. Kind of funny actually.

I hope tonight goes fine.

Next subject matter. I am losing interest in training for my marathon. Everytime I reach half marathon, when I am training by myself, I stop training. I just seem to lose interest at this point, unless I have a training buddy.

I am trying hard not to, getting involved in a few more races. Like this Sunday is the Beat the Burnside 8k race. Fun race. Have done it once before with Jen, several years ago.

I will force myself to go running tomorrow-whether I want to or not, and then with my 5 mile run on Sunday, I am hoping that will re-motivate me.

You see...I WANT to run the marathon, but I don't seem to WANT to run. Strange how that works.

It will pass. Any other words of motivation out there for me? I could use it right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking care of Luke! Sorry about the poo. Dogs get a little stressed in a strange environment. I'm sure he was quite embarrassed. See you tomorrow?

Babyfro said...

Kathleen, if you can push yourself past the lack of motivation you'll get your groove back. You're almost at the peak and it's all downhill from there, you just have to make it over. I know I had to keep telling myself that everytime I wanted to stop going to class. You can do it, just have to want it bad enough.